What is overnight oats?
Overnight oats (OO) is basically oats soaked in the liquid of your choice. Either milk or yogurt, but you can always experiment with other kinds. It is often chilled overnight (hence the name) and usually left uncooked. However you can heat it up if you prefer to. It is perfect for days when you are in a rush to make breakfast, just make it in a jar the day before and it’s ready to go the next day.
You can add any kinds of toppings you want to it. You can add fresh fruits, nuts, dried fruits, peanut butter, etc. Many people also add chia seeds to the overnight oats. Be adventurous and try new additions, you might be pleasantly surprised!
This is also good to put together with your kids, let them play around with their favorite toppings and learn more about fruits and nuts, etc. There’s no or minimal cooking involved, so it’s safe for them as well.
In the following list, there are several sites that provide the recipes for a basic overnight oatmeal, and if can continue from there if you want to create your own personal one-of-a-kind oatmeal. Have fun! Remember, healthy doesn’t mean boring or tasteless!
- Mango Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Banana Cocoa Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Banana Peanut Butter Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Basic Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter OO
- Strawbery Banana OO
- Cherry Chocolate Bomb Vegan Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jam Vegan Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Banana Softserve and carob Vegan Overnight Oats
- Banana Split Vegan Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
- Neapolitan Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
Basically these are the more popular and interesting creations of overnight oats that I found. However, this list is by no means exhaustive! Get creative and come up with your own favorite recipe.
The picture and recipes do not belong to me but to their respective owner.
P.s: Here’s a link on how to spice up your oatmeal.
OKAY THIS IS LITERALLY SO FUCKING GOOD I FUCKING LOVE IT.
THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BREAKFASTS EVER!
I love to add cookie butter, or maple almond butter, and delicious granola in the morning!
what the fuck is this magic??!!!!
Janelle Monáe - PrimeTime ft. Miguel [Official Video]
PrimeTime is a love story based on the early adventures of Cindi Mayweather (Janelle Monáe) and her first love Joey Vice (Miguel.) The Emotion Picture gives a glimpse at Cindi’s humble beginnings as a “cyber-server” at the Electric Sheep nightclub, a syn bar serving high-class “show droids” to the rich and lonely in a dangerous section of Metropolis known as Slop City. Incidentally, the innovative cybersoul music played at the club directly impacted Cindi, and she began singing and performing her own innovative compositions a short time after quitting this assignment. In addition, Cindi became determined to change the public perception of what an electric lady could be, dream and aspire to after working in the dismal conditions at the club.
this is another one of those moments!! i NEEDED this!—
The premise of the film project is simple: a woman is asked to read an excerpt from a personally elected body of literature. (x)
It’s called “Hysterical Literature,” and I have never seen a better example of questioning why it is that educated women (whether self or otherwise) always seem to be showcased as having no interest in sex. They all choose interesting books, and they all get off, and it’s fabulous.
It’s also brought forth a lot of comments (on youtube and otherwise) and WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS. IT’S SO DIRTY, and I feel that’s part of the point: Why is this considered so scandalous? It’s just sex. In fact, we don’t even SEE the sex, so the only thing that could be making people uncomfortable while watching it seems to be watching a woman enjoying getting sexual pleasure.
And maybe some of those people just aren’t into voyeurism and that’s cool. But I’m betting a lot of them just don’t like to consider that maybe they think women having sexual pleasure is weird and that they think that you can’t have sexual pleasure as a woman and also have other facets and appreciation for “finer things.”
What I’m saying is, this whole series gives me a lot of thoughts.
Always reblog because Hysterical Literature is the sexiest thing I’ve seen in a long while.
Pretty sure I’ll wanna watch this later soooo
I think some reasons for why the people who probably do watch porn are made so uncomfortable by Hysterical Literature are a little more involved, since there’s definitely a decent market for porn in which women masturbate solo. It’s not JUST that each woman is experiencing sexual pleasure, it’s the combination of a bunch of aspects that are specific to this series:
- each woman is without a partner, so she’s not servicing anyone;
- she’s without a partner, so her attention is focused inward — this is completely about her enjoyment only;
- she’s without a partner, but she does have a vibrator and her own body, so she isn’t dependent on any other human for her orgasm;
- she’s reading a selection of her own aloud with some serious dedication, demonstrating that there are things she finds just as interesting as sex;
- we don’t get any of the visuals or the melodrama or the POV that are usually considered to be the point of porn, so we can’t be titillated by her body (or her partner’s body/actions, or her reactions to her partner’s body/actions) — we don’t get to see what’s causing her pleasure, we only see how it makes her feel.
The whole production is actually super-dismissive of mainstream (straight) porn and its primary audience (dudes), in that it’s not particularly staged for the viewer’s pleasure (there’s no pretense that there isn’t a viewer — it’s just not about them) unless the viewer happens to be a person who gets off on the idea of women having some fantastic selfish orgasms, even when the viewer is in no way invited to imagine themselves participating. :D
Oh gods be good. I think I have been waiting my life for this post!—
"The dandy life is a life of self-sculpted independence, eschewing the heteronormative goals of marriage and children. Wallace’s subjects, with crisp collars and strong posture, reveal how beauty and strength are not at odds if approached creatively."
ah! wonderful! favorite!